Sr. Program Specialist
Position: Sr. Program Specialist Agency: Office of Head Start
Location: Washington, DC Area Start Date: Contingent on Award
The net.AMERICA Corporation is seeking a Sr. Program Specialist who has expertise with Head Start and Early Head Start grants.
Responsibilities included but not limited:
- Manage the overall Grants project for the Office of Head Start by working with the customer and grantees to oversee administration of grant award process.
- Initiate frequent and ongoing communication with assigned grantees regarding grant applications, program status and activities, and overall HS grant-funded operations.
- Ensure grantees receive pertinent information from Office of Head Start (OHS), including Information Memorandums, Program Instructions, and OHS announcements regarding initiatives, priorities, and quality expectations.
- Provide ongoing assistance to grantees by facilitating the interpretation and understanding of Federal HS Performance Standards.
- Provide consistent oversight and support to grantees to ensure full compliance with all Federal regulations.
- Maintain detailed and complete official electronic grant files, records pertaining to the receipt and tracking of grant applications and the grant review process, including negotiations and any post-award change requests.
- Participate in onsite monitoring visits, including follow-ups and desk reviews as part of the monitoring review system.
- Review programmatic status reports, Program Information Report (PIR) data, monitoring data, monitor review findings, and work with programs to resolve any issues, non-compliances, or deficiencies.
- Provide ongoing program support to grantees, to ensure grantees receive the necessary support.
- Participate in seminars and special training events or other activities as requested by OHS.
Experience and Education Required:
- Masters degree from an accredited university/college, in Education, Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Program Management with 5+ years of job related experience providing program support and/or management.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university/college, in Education, Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Business Administration with 7+ years of job related experience providing program support and/or management.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Head Start Performance Standards
- Ability to provide ongoing monitoring support to grant-funded programs.
- Proficient computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office.