Sr. Grants Specialist
Position: Sr. Grants Specialist Agency: Office of Head Start
Location: Washington, DC Area Start Date: Contingent on Award
The net.AMERICA Corporation is seeking a Sr. Grants Specialist who has expertise with Head Start and Early Head Start grants.
Responsibilities included but not limited:
- Manage the grants for the Office of Head Start including, processing grants and agreements, and research compliance activities.
- Initiate frequent and ongoing communication with assigned grantees regarding grant applications, program status and activities, and overall HS grant-funded operations.
- Provide support to the OHS Teams, to ensure implementation leading to the most efficient and effective achievement of results in support of OHS’s Head Start Grants Management and Administrative Project’s Objectives.
- Reviewing, awarding, and administering grants, cooperative agreements, or other related instruments.
- Negotiating terms and conditions of grants awards, and conducting program evaluation, including establishing measures then monitoring, and assessing awardee performance.
- Tracking grants/agreements and assisting with report deadlines, expenditures, and closeouts. Conducting post-award reviews and analyses.
- Initiating and recommending audits, then conducting or monitoring resolution of audit findings.
- Performing final review of completed awards, making appropriate adjustments or disallowances, and processing close-outs.
Experience and Education Required:
- Masters degree from an accredited university/college, in Education, Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Program Management with 5+ years of job-related experience providing program support and/or management.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university/college, in Education, Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Business Administration with 7+ years of job-related experience providing program support and/or management.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Head Start Performance Standards
- Ability to provide ongoing monitoring support to grant-funded programs.
- Proficient computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office.