Sr. Audit Specialist
Position: Sr. Audit Specialist Agency: Office of Head Start
Location: Washington, DC Area Start Date: Contingent on Award
The net.AMERICA Corporation is seeking a Sr. Audit Specialist who has expertise with Head Start and Early Head Start grants.
Responsibilities included but not limited:
- Lead and coordinate risk assessments to support the development of the annual audit plan. As appropriate, update the risk assessment and audit plan during the year in response to business or industry/market developments.
- Perform audits according to GAAS and risk-based audit approach, aligned with project methodologies
- Oversee financial, operations, and technology audits. Ensure the issuance of audit reports is done in collaboration with and agreement from team members on the facts of the audit findings, the risk severity and impact, and timing of remediation.
- Work directly with clients to collect information, draft financial statements, resolve financial reporting and compliance issues, prepare reports and letters communicating required information to those charged with governance, etc.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on control gaps and the status and remediation of audit findings. Influence the strengthening of the control environment, governance processes, and risk management practices through audit recommendations and validation of management agreed to actions.
Experience and Education Required:
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Accounting or a related field from an accredited university/college
- 8+ years of job-related experience providing program support and/or management.
- Relevant certification (CPA, CFE, CIA or CISA), preferred
- Strong knowledge and experience with Head Start Performance Standards
- Ability to provide ongoing monitoring support to grant-funded programs.
- Proficient computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office.